The Mammographer performs all diagnostic mammography examinations that create the images needed for diagnosis. The Mammographer integrates scientific knowledge and technical skills with effective patient interaction to provide quality patient care and useful diagnostic information.
Primary Position Responsibilities
• Performs diagnostic mammography including positioning, machine set-up, radiation exposure technique, image acquisition and post-processing.
• Follows all National Patient Safety Goals.
• Provides recordkeeping of patient history and symptoms.
• Reviews orders, explains procedure, answers questions and provides a high level of patient satisfaction.
• Maintains cleanliness of department and assures adequate supply inventory.