Residence in Canada
Are you looking for a residence visa in Canada
How to Get Permanent Residence in Canada
Would you like to have permanent residence in Canada?
Over 250,000 People Immigrate to Canada Every Year!
Coming to Canada as an immigrant is an exciting opportunity. Canada is one of the top countries in the world in which to work and to live. As one of the most popular immigration destinations, Canada attracts immigrants from all over the world.
As a permanent resident, you and your dependants have:
- The Right to receive most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health care coverage.
- The Right to live, work or study anywhere in Canada.
- The Right to apply for Canadian citizenship after a period of residence.
- Protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
As a permanent resident, you also must pay taxes, and respect all Canadian laws at the federal, provincial and municipal levels.
What is a Canadian Permanent Resident?
A permanent resident is someone who has been given permanent resident status by immigrating to Canada, but is not a Canadian citizen. Permanent residents are citizens of other countries. A person in Canada temporarily, like a student or foreign worker, is not a permanent resident.
How Permanent Residency Works
As a permanent resident, you have the right to:
- get most social benefits that Canadian citizens receive, including health care coverage,
- live, work or study anywhere in Canada,
- apply for Canadian citizenship,
- protection under Canadian law and the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedoms.
You must pay taxes and respect all Canadian laws at the federal, provincial and municipal levels. You are not allowed to:
- vote or run for political office,
- hold some jobs that need a high-level security clearance.
Who Can Apply for Permanent Resident Status?
Anyone is allowed to apply for permanent residency in Canada but only qualified individiuals will be accepted. To find if you are eligible for permanent residency you will be examined by your
- Age – below 35 years
- Education – Should be a graduate
- Work Experience – 3+ years of experience
- English Language Skills – proved by attempting IELTS Assessment